Dota Underlords has been in beta for the better part of eight months, but Valve has finally let fans know the games official release date. The company has announced that Dota Underlords will be leaving beta on Feb. 25. That date is also set to be the first day of Underlords season 1. This means that Valve will release a new patch for the game, which includes balance changes and a brand-new Underlord, on that day.
The games newest Underlord is called Enno, a ranged character that brings with him a wide variety of different poison-based attacks. Poison is a new status effect for this patch that will deal 15 physical damage per second and reduce healing. Poison can stack up to five times.
Outside of Enno, Dota Underlords season 1 patch doesnt bring too many changes with it. Valve is fixing a couple of bugs with the Jull and Hobgen Underlords, who werent interacting with Spiderlings correctly in previous patches. Theres also a change to Venomancer that will make its Venomous Gale ability now apply the new poison effect. Valve is updating the Orb of Venom item to apply poison as well.
For a full look at all the changes coming to Dota Underlords with the season 1 update, you can find the official patch notes below.
Dota Underlords season 1 Hey, its Ennother Underlord patch notes
- A ranged menace, Enno leaps around the board poisoning enemies and generally wreaking havoc.
- Enno will be one of the four Underlord options available at the end of Round 1 in Knockout and at the end of Round 9 in Standard and Duos game modes. One of two Enno builds (detailed below) will be randomly presented.
Passive Skill – Escape Artist
- Once per combat, when dropping below 25/50/75% health, Enno escapes in a cloud of smoke, reappearing elsewhere on the board, stunning adjacent enemies for 1.5 seconds.
Build 1 – Healin n Stealin!
- Dr. Ennos Soothing Balm: Enno leaps into the air and shoots a poison dart at up to 2-5 enemies that are within 3 cells, applying a stack of Poison and healing adjacent allies for 15-60 per stack.
- Yoink!: Enno steals the lowest tier item from the enemy crew at the start of combat. Whenever an enemy dies in Ennos attack range, he loots them if they have a better item equipped. All items return to their original owners at the end of combat.
Build 2 – Rabid Furball
- Death Spin: Enno leaps into the air and shoots a poison dart at up to 2-5 enemies that are within 3 cells, applying a stack of Poison and dealing 20-55 physical damage per stack.
- All Out Attack!: Enno lassos the enemy team and launches an All Out Attack! dealing 50-225 physical damage, applying 5 stacks of Poison and displacing them into a random cell.
POISON Added a new status effect, Poisoned. Poisoned units take 15 physical damage per second and healing is reduced by 10% for 5 seconds. Poison effects can stack up to 5 times.
- Improved lighting used by the Underlords.
- Fixed issues with low resolution textures on the Underlords on mobile.
- Further fixes to the map not loading when starting a match.
- Fixed an issue where a dead unit on a cell could prevent a live unit from being selected.
- Fixed wrong rank icon sometimes being displayed on the post-match screen.
- Fixed more places where an Underlords base ability icon or name would be shown, rather than the version of that ability used by the Underlord build.
- Added more pizzazz to the Underlord picker.
- Target Buddy has begrudgingly put away his holiday hat, since its apparently not the season anymore.
- Jull: fixed Barrels of Fun barrels hitting Spiderlings.
- Hobgen: fixed enemy Spiderlings causing other enemies to take decreased damage from Implosion and Shockwave.
- Venomous Gale: Now applies poison to its targets.
- Blade Mail: Fixed bonus armor error in description.
- Orb of Venom: Instead of applying damage, Orb of Venom now applies poison.
- Brute: Fixed an issue where Brutes could switch targets mid-swing.